The Elsevier Young Scientist Award will be presented at the workshop, to one or more students, for the best result(s) and talk(s) by students, subject to the following rules.
1. Only students who are registered for the 2018 workshop “Index Theory and Applications to Positive Scalar Curvature and Related Areas” are eligible.
2. “Student” will mean a person who is currently enrolled for studying either full-time or part-time, and may be either postgraduate or undergraduate.
3. The value of award is USD 750 (to be shared if there is more than one award winner) and a certificate suitable for framing will be presented.
4. The award will be awarded at the Workshop Dinner, to which the award winner will be invited as a guest.
5. All student talks will be scheduled to be given prior to the Workshop Dinner so that the Award Committee can have proper discussion and also so that the award winner can be informed in good time to attend the Dinner.
6. The Award Committee shall be appointed by the Elsevier Editor Mathai Varghese, who will be the chairman, after consultation with the Conference Organisers.
7. This award shall be well publicised on the Workshop Webpage and Workshop advertisements.
8. If, in the opinion of the Award Committee, there are no candidates of sufficient merit, then no award will be awarded.